BatchRename – powerful and free batch files renamer
Help you rename a batch of files and folders with all kinds of customizable and flexible renaming rules. Especially, rename MP3 files with ID3 Tags and rename photos using EXIF data. Also, you can use BatchRename to batch convert and resize your photos by just a few clicks.
- All basic rename command supported: prefix, suffix, insert, remove, truncate, replace, uppercase, and lowercase.
- Define a specific part of the filename to change, e.g. insert to specific position count from left or right, remove specific length of characters from specific position count from left or right, uppercase/lowercase the first letter of each word, uppercase/lowercase or remove at specific position, truncate filename to a specific length, remove characters between ‘(‘ and ‘)’…
- Use all kinds of dynamic information to rename files, including: number series, date time, file's date time attribute, random numbers or characters…
- Output renamed files to a different folder.
- Renaming rules builder – add renaming command to build any kind of renaming rule you want.
- Add both files and folders to the file list for renaming, you can also select to recursively add files in sub folders.
- File filter support case sensitive, exclude, and wildcard * features.
- Favorite rename rules – Tons of predefined favorite renaming rules already included after install, help you to accomplish the popular renaming tasks by one click. You can also modify the existing favorite rules and create your own. Filter for Favorite renaming rules added to help easily group and find the renaming rules.
- Support renaming files using their Shell detail properties – you can use what you see on the file property details page of Windows explorer (including video properties, audio properties …) to rename the files.
- Support for MP3 Tag ID3 v1, rename mp3 files by the music's Title, Album, Artist, Genre, BitRate, Frequency, Comment, Track and Year.
- Support for MP3 Tag ID3 v2, All MP3 ID3 tags are supported.
- Support EXIF data – rename pictures with the EXIF data, including: Camera name, Digitized date, Original date time, ISO speed, Exposure time, Shutter speed, Lens aperture, F-Number, GPS data… All EXIF properties are supported.
- Support rename picture files by their Image properties: resolution, color bits, type format.
- Support rename files using the file's CRC32 code, MD5hash, andSHA1 hash.
- Preview renaming result.
- Undo file and folder renaming.
- QuickView – media preview: view (picture) or play (movie or music) the selected file in the quick window. You can see the file’s content directly in BatchRename and it helps you decide how to rename them.
- QuickView window – file’s properties preview: you can view all the file’s properties in the quick window, including: MP3 Tag info, Picture's EXIF data, and Windows shell details info. With this, you can easily decide which property you want to use for the renaming.
- Drag and Drop – It's easy to add files and folders to the file list by just drag them from anywhere and drop to BatchRename’s main window.
- Support windows shell context menu – The menu item "BatchRename files…" is added to the windows shell context menu after installation. By selecting some files in the windows explorer, right-click on them and select menu item "BatchRename files", it will open "BatchRename" to rename the selected files.
- Picture adjustment and editing – resize your photos to a specific size, rotate the photo with a specific degree, and flip the photo Horizontally or Vertically.
- Batch picture conversion – easily convert a batch of pictures to the most popular format (bmp, jpg, gif, tif, png), also support JPEG quality control.
- Load/Save Batch – the file list, renaming rules and the renaming result, even the Undo state can be saved to a file, so you can save your current work and load it to continue with it later.
Utilities / File & Disk Management
Price: USD 29.95
Windows 2000/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows Server 2003/Windows Server 2008