Virto Silverlight Gantt Chart View for Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013 is intended for advanced visualization of SharePoint tasks. With this component SharePoint users get a simple and effective tool for displaying their tasks in Gantt Chart – a popular type of bar chart that illustrates a project schedule. New Virto Gantt Chart View is a nice and easy way to include Gantt Chart into your resource planning SharePoint applications without having to install full blown project management application such as Microsoft Project.
Virto Gantt Chart View displays data of the type “task” from SharePoint lists in a way that conveniently presents all the relevant information about tasks in a single view as well as provides easy tools for quick task management. With the component a SharePoint user can have all his tasks and subtasks in a single view, easily create and complete tasks, assign resources, edit timeframes and percentage of completion with just several clicks. All these actions can be done in very convenient and interactive way as the web part is a Silverlight-based component.
Virto Gantt Chart allows for several distinct views: standard table as well as day, week, month, quarter, 6-months and year Gantt Charts. When working with a table view you can easily resize and switch columns for convenient displaying information and edit all the data inline, i.e. without opening the task edit form. Finally, the web part is a flexibly customizable solution. You can customize each element of a diagram choosing its size, color, etc to make the component ideally fit your SharePoint environment.
Since Gantt view is mainly supposed for simple tasks management, we have added particularly necessary web part property – ability to show the Outline Number (WBS). When the property is activated, the Outline Number (WBS) is shown right next to the task name. Since the WBS column does not exist in SharePoint list, we have added WBS virtual column to resolve the issue.
The next feature provided with Gantt Web Part is real rime synchronization. This mode allows synchronization of changes made to Gantt view by multiple people working on the tasks at the same time. When one of users makes any changes to the Gantt view, the other users see them in real time without page refreshing.
It's also possible to color-code summary tasks and highlight them with choosing colors of background row and foreground row. This is one of simple ways to highlight summary tasks in the whole structure.
The last thing to announce in Gantt web part 2.0 version is "change case" functionality for TextBox, like word has with Shift+F3. Now when using the component you can switch between upper, lower and title case with standard key combination.
- Displays tasks into two views — table view and Gantt chart view.
- Allows for creating new task, deleting and editing current task.
- Editing can be easily done inline without opening task edit form.
- Supports summary and nested task (indent and outdent), milestones.
- Allows for group actions (delete, convert to indent/outdent).
- Support links between tasks (Finish-to-Start, Start-to-Start, Finish-to-Finish, and Start-to-Finish).
- Adjustable splitter position (between two views, from 0 to 99%).
- Find and Filter bar, complex grid filtering (>< = etc.).
- Custom filter expressions.
- Attachment icons can be showed for the line item.
- Ability to set first day of week, number of week.
- Color coded statuses of the tasks (red – overdue, yellow- in progress, green – completed).
- Task reordering by simple drag and drop.
- Summary tasks color coding.
- Outline number (WBS) support.
- Real time synchronization.
- 5 columns: title, start date, end date, resources (assigned to), % complete.
- Ability to freeze first columns.
- Changing column size with a simple resizing.
- Changing column order with a drag and drop.
- Supported timescales (hour, quarter days, days, weeks, month, quarters, half years).
- Optional tooltip (displays all task information – title, end, start etc.).
- Adjustable size and colors (task, summary task, milestone).
- End user interactivity features (resizing duration, moving to another date etc., making links etc).
Software Development / Components & Libraries
Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2012